Patch 3.2 is a pretty large patch, with additional content, gear tiers, and changes to the badge system. I have attempted to summarize the current proposed changes to the badge system, below with some thoughts. And to make it easier for you to pour over the hunter loot, I have tried to pull out most of the new hunter related loot I could find from MMO champion lists of loot and elsewhere. Let me know if I have missed anything.
Changes to token system
- Emblems of Heroism and Valor will no longer drop.
- 5 man heroics, VOA 10 & 25, OS 10 & 25, Naxx 10 & 25, Ulduar 10 & 25 will all drop Emblems of Conquest.
- The new 10 & 25 man Coliseum raid will drop the new Emblems of Triumph.
- Daily normal and heroic quests will reward Emblems of Triumph (1 for normal, 2 for heroic).
- Emblems of Conquest can be exchanged for Emblems of Heroism and Valor in order to purchase gear from vendors.
- Emblems of Conquest are likely to purchase Tier 7, Tier 7.5 and Tier 8 gear (item level 200-226), plus heirloom bind on account items.
- Emblems of Triumph are likely to purchase Tier 9 (item level 232+ gear)
What do you think about these emblem changes?
The emblem changes are causing a lot of controversy and conflicting views. Many top end raiders are angry that beginning raiders will be able to get their hands on the new badges, and eventually (after lots of heroic dailies) some T9 gear. This to me is a rather self-centered and irrelevant argument. Beginning raiders are not going to be able to buy everything they need to rival a top end raider for gear or access top end content without going through the progression, they still need BOP drops from instances to complete their gear. Some people are arguing that it will be harder to judge whether someone has cleared content when inviting them to a PUG. But with achievements now on the armory, it is possible to check out someone’s achievements as well as their BOP armor.
What this will do is help gear up alts, and help raiders who are struggling to see the new content, like Ulduar, access that content. I am one of the top geared people in a relatively small, non-hardcore raiding guild. We can only raid 10 man content currently, and then often have to taken under-geared and inexperienced raiders with us to make up the numbers. This will help us gear everyone up, and give those of us running Naxx and other low level content with our less well geared guildies something to run it for.
The picture about shows the horde T9 set.
There will be three sets of T9 armor reflecting different levels of difficulty (item levels 232, 245, 258). MMO champion has screenshots of the stats, although they say the models are only placeholders at the moment, so the armor will probably look different from the picture, and the three sets will look different from each other:
New badge gear
New gear available with the new badges dropped in 3.2 includes:
Other Epic gear added in patch 3.2 (datamined and published on MMO champion)
*Note the Windrunner are the Alliance versions – horde get very similar statted items titled ‘Thrall’s”
Titan forged band of triumph (item 226 pvp gear)
Ttitan forged chain leggings of triumph (item 232 pvp gear)