Patch 3.0.9 goes live today. You can view all the changes here.
The patch includes a small boost for BM hunters, following Blizz’s admission that they nerfed them too far:
- Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.
- Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank
If memory serves, both of these are a return to pre-nerf numbers. Both are deep in the BM tree, so are only accessible to deep BM hunters not MM or Surv hunters dipping into the tree. Your pet will not be back to pre-3.0.8 ‘the great hunter nerf’ levels, Unleash Fury, which is accessible to MM and Surv hunter is still only 15% extra pet damage (down from its original 20%) when maxed out, plus cats and scorpid nerfs, for those who use them, haven’t been reversed. Also, a couple of your pvp orientated pets have had their family skills nerfed:
- Lava Breath now reduces the target’s casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
- Poison Spit now reduces the target’s casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
That is it for hunter changes. The other notable bug fix for me was:
- Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.